Site change and archival

These are auto generated posts from our news page to help accomodate those who do not visit the Main Site.
DankRooster
Shrubbite

Site change and archival

Post by DankRooster » June 20th, 2019, 5:24 pm

Hekki everyone,

I know it's been a long time since anyone has heard from me, at least here at oftheshrub.com, and I'm sorry that my first post in years has to be all mostly business and bad news, but here we are.

As you can see, the look of the forums has changed back to the default theme. This is because I had to upgrade PHPBB to a new version which doesn't support the Shrub theme. The upgrade was because the old version of PHPBB doesn't support PHP 7, and an upgrade to PHP 7 was required because the old version, version 5.x, was unsupported and becoming a security risk for the server. The server I host oftheshrub.com on also contains sites for many of my clients, which means I need to make sure it's secure for them and their businesses.

It also means that the main Drupal site for oftheshrub.com is now offline in a more or less permanent way. The information that was there, such as the book of the Shrub, still exists in the old database and in backups I've made. If anyone wishes to revive that content using a more up to date version of Drupal or WordPress, then that would be great. I tried to migrate things from the old site, but I wasn't able to get it done in a reasonable amount of time. Unfortunately I just don't have the spare cycles in my life that I used to for things like this.

Fortunately, the wayback machine has a good archived version of the old site at http://web.archive.org/web/201603062331 ... om/node/25

I'm sorry that oftheshrub.com isn't very much of a priority in my life at the moment, but it will always have a home on my server if anyone ever wishes to pick up the reigns and keep it running. The Shrub will always have a special place in my heart, as will everyone who I shared the experience with. I'm happy that I could keep the forums up and running, even if they're not quite as green as they used to be.

May the Shrub be with you all,

-Ed
aka DankRooster

"Keep The Shrub forever in your heart and you will always remain among friends"