Oh Holy Shrub, bestow your wisdom upon the noobs!

This forum is for new members who wish to join the SOS to introduce themselves.
lostkangaroo
High Prophet

Re: Oh Holy Shrub, bestow your wisdom upon the noobs!

Postby lostkangaroo » December 11th, 2011, 7:29 am

You would have, INCEPTION!!!!!!!!

Shaddo
Shrubbite

Postby Shaddo » December 11th, 2011, 12:12 pm

Moltar wrote:but, what if it is a dream within a dream?

All that we see or seem
is but a dream within a dream...

Fancy Sig
moordare
Shrubbite

Postby moordare » December 11th, 2011, 2:59 pm

LadyCelestine
Site Admin

Postby LadyCelestine » December 11th, 2011, 11:56 pm

Oh wait... was this not the Picture Association thread? Damnit! Lost again!
DarkCow
Shrubbite

Postby DarkCow » December 12th, 2011, 12:42 am

Madagain
Shrubbite

Postby Madagain » December 15th, 2011, 10:46 pm

Gunslinger74 wrote:I want to say we were located on the Mesric Plateau. Ben Kenobi's House, the Sarlaac and a Krayt Dragon skeleton made a triangle that we were inside, I think. It was as close as we could get to the original location of the Shrub and still have reasonable room to place the city.

In my humble opinion, Ostium Vepres was the best (and most intricately) planned player city on the Bria Server. I remember it vividly and fondly. The Guild Hall, City Hall, The Museo and Another guildhall structure made up the Central Hub of the City and 4 grand avenues radiated out from the center. The Guild Hall faced South, and off that avenue there were a majority of the member's personal homes lined along perpendicular streets. The City Hall faced West, and that avenue was grandly decorated with commemorative structures and decorations. Further west there were more personal homes of Shrubbites. The Museo faced North toward what evolved into the cultural district. I know I monopolized the area immediately around it with the Museum of Art immediately next door to the North and what was being transitioned into the Zoo across the street. Moltar had a guildhall there, too, if I remember right. I shudder to think what depraved shenanigans happened inside in the name of the Shrub. The other guild hall (tatooine style - someone is going to have to remind me what that was) faced East down the widest and most prominent street in the city. Along that street was The Shrub Cantina, the Shuttle Port, the Shrub Squadron HQ, The Shrub Mall and a host of other storefronts and corporate headquarters. It was by far the most active district in the city and a huge economic center for the region.

The primary reason we couldn't locate right on or immediately near the Shrub's original coordinates is because it ended up being on the side of a deep ravine several kilometers to our north. We had several jaunts to the Shrub Site, though, and the guild picture I posted in the gallery was taken the first night we went out there after launch, I think.

My poor memory is getting bad. I'm going to have to sit down before I hurt myself... :)

Seeing that old screen shot sure brought back some memories. I can't remember which one I was or even what name I was using on my first character back then, my memory is not real sharp with details anymore but I sure remember the fellowship.

Since I was browsing the official forums before the launch of a Star Wars game I of course thought back to the last time I was doing this many years ago, when I first found The Shrub. A wave of nostalgia hit me and I just had to google "Servants of the Shrub" and here are a bunch of you again still togther. Seeing the Shrub still going strong brought a huge smile to my face. I had to stop by and say Hekki!

I am pretty sure I was going by Madagain by that time but I am not 100% sure. I also played Plato on another account. It was great to read the reminiscing in this thread and others, left me with a lump in my throat. It's great to see a bunch of you still following the Shrub, I am kicking myself for not keeping in touch all of these years.

I am gonna go read around the forums here and catch up on what you all are up to these days. Hopefully some of you remember me and aren't all asking yourselves, "Who the hell is this?".

*grins*
Last edited by Madagain on December 16th, 2011, 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarkCow
Shrubbite

Postby DarkCow » December 16th, 2011, 12:32 am

That name totally rings a bell. Welcome back into the leafy fold!
LadyCelestine
Site Admin

Postby LadyCelestine » December 16th, 2011, 1:28 am

ZOMG you are the same Madagain! I was totally remembering our former Shrubbite! Figured the name was just coincidence but I'm so happy to hear that it's not, and you've found your way back home to the Shrub again! <:-P =D>
Madagain
Shrubbite

Postby Madagain » December 16th, 2011, 1:40 am

LadyCelestine wrote:ZOMG you are the same Madagain! I was totally remembering our former Shrubbite! Figured the name was just coincidence but I'm so happy to hear that it's not, and you've found your way back home to the Shrub again! <:-P =D>

In the digital flesh!

Thanks for the digital homecoming. I am looking forward to the game so much more now that I have found my way back to The Shrub.
Gunslinger74
Shrubbite

Postby Gunslinger74 » December 16th, 2011, 5:19 pm

<------------ Pi'nk. Of course I remember you. Welcome back to the fold, brother. Don't get the idea that we have all been keeping the Shrub fires burning these last 10 years. Meph and Moltar especially deserve the praise for keeping the spirit alive (along with LadyC, Cow and Prom). Its very exciting to have the gang together again. I feel like Han Solo in Return of the Jedi... but without the saggy Hutt boobs.

Moltar
Shrubbite

Postby Moltar » December 23rd, 2011, 9:36 am

Gunslinger74 wrote:<------------ Pi'nk. Of course I remember you. Welcome back to the fold, brother. Don't get the idea that we have all been keeping the Shrub fires burning these last 10 years. Meph and Moltar especially deserve the praise for keeping the spirit alive (along with LadyC, Cow and Prom). Its very exciting to have the gang together again. I feel like Han Solo in Return of the Jedi... but without the saggy Hutt boobs.

WELCOME

Have a Shrub:

User Control Panel -> Board preferences -> Edit display options -> Enable word censoring -> No

Return to “New Member Introduction”