New Member: JobiWan

This forum is for new members who wish to join the SOS to introduce themselves.
JobiWan
Shrubbite

New Member: JobiWan

Postby JobiWan » February 6th, 2014, 3:35 am

How did you find the SOS?

Found the guild on Tamriel Foundry, I also played SWG in beta and several years after.

What are you looking for in a guild?

Looking for people to hang out with in game and socialize with, I like doing all sorts of content and ESO looks to be chalk full of content.

What are you expecting from us, as a guild?

I expect the guild to facilitate and foster a community of individuals who want to play ESO and possible other games while having fun

Anything we should know about you?

I work a lot but love to game in my spare time, whatever type of end game content ESO is going to offer I want to check out.

Anything you would like to know about us?

What sort of a structure does the guild have, is there just one guild leader or will there be a council or guild officers who help run things?

A window of your home has just been broken. How do you respond?

I would look to see how it was broken and then cover that Jawa Poodoo up its like 10 degrees out right now.

A man in green asks you to go on a journey. Where do you go and what do you do?

Well since I live in the land of the free up here in Washington I hope this man in green has some greens and so I would go with him and partake.

The Lion King is hosting an animal conference. All the animals attend, except one. Which animal does not attend?

those mangy hyenas.

You find a barrel in a river. What is inside it and why

Haha water?

You are shrunk to the size of a nickel and thrown into an empty blender. The blades start moving in 60 seconds. What do you do?

try to scream for help and then figure out if there is a safe spot I can hunker down, if not i'd get ready to be blended.

Rottencock
Shrubbite

Re: New Member: JobiWan

Postby Rottencock » February 6th, 2014, 4:04 am

Welcome, JobiWan!

ESO does look like it will have a ton of content to offer and I'm glad you've decided to explore it with us. To answer your question, the SoS is run by a council consisting of elected members of the general populace (High Council at Large, or HCaL) and the guild leader of each in game chapter. As we've gotten tired of the meager MMO offerings of late (most of us are currently playing less organised games like Minecraft and Starbound), we don't have any official chapters at the moment, so it's just the HCal until ESO launches. Individual chapters typically decide amongst themselves who they want to represent them. Current HCaL members are dantheman, Rika, and Myself. If you have any other questions feel free to post. You can also find Cyvok (dantheman) and I on Vent most evenings, along with whoever else may drop by. I look forward to adventuring through Nyrn with you. I'm personally pretty jealous of your home address, As I also take my worship of green, leafy things rather seriously [smilie=drag.gif]
dantheman
SOS High Council

Postby dantheman » February 6th, 2014, 6:51 am

Welcome JobiWan! :D

LadyCelestine hates this f@#% post.

Barl
Shrubbite

Postby Barl » February 6th, 2014, 12:10 pm

Hekki, Welcome I'm sure you'll like it here :D its a fun group.
vevielle
Shrubbite

Postby vevielle » February 6th, 2014, 12:55 pm

Welcome welcome! Many great adventures await - especially when the green man with greens is about ;-)
Vevielle Vienne - 50 Sage
Gunslinger74
Shrubbite

Postby Gunslinger74 » February 6th, 2014, 4:59 pm

Welcome, brother!

Rotten covered it pretty well. We are council-based, and although it does come with its own share of difficulties, it has likely been a significant factor in our continued existence 11 years after our original founding, and in the same basic structure.

We are, at our heart, a family here. Several of us have met in real life despite thousands of miles between us. We have a yearly "Las Vegas Meet and Greet", which has been small the last 3 years, but we're always trying to talk more Shrubs into coming. This reminds me that I need to check on the new dates for 2014! Its usually in late October/Early November and coincides with a continuing education convention I attend out there.

Over the years we've gotten really excited about certain games, the most recent large release being Star Wars: The Old Republic, but the games have disappointed. Several of us still play older MMOs (I'm still playing WoW on Stormrage Server atm), but we are all pretty excited about Elder Scrolls Online.

You can see we are a small guild, although at our peak boasted more than 100 members worldwide, and if ESO turns out to be a moderately successful game, we're likely to see our numbers grow again. You can be as active as you like. Our members have interest in all aspects of MMOs, PvP, PvE (dungeons/raiding), crafting, RP, etc. We'd absolutely love it if you're active on the forums, as that is where a majority of guild related information is disseminated, but its all voluntary.

Welcome aboard!

JobiWan
Shrubbite

Postby JobiWan » February 7th, 2014, 12:13 am

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I like the council concept my guild in SWG used it and I thought it worked really well. I will find the vent info and hop on this weekend to see if anyone else will be on playing ESO beta. I am hoping for a snow day tomorrow from work, if it snows enough they will shut down the entire site, so fingers crossed!
Rika
SOS High Council

Postby Rika » February 7th, 2014, 12:16 am

Welcome to the Shrub!!
Too many games to count.
Gunslinger74
Shrubbite

Postby Gunslinger74 » February 7th, 2014, 12:47 am

Sounds awesome, man. I think several of us are going to play this weekend (I'm having to re-download because the last time I fried my HD - at 15% and have been DLing all day).

Ganeda
Shrubbite

Postby Ganeda » February 7th, 2014, 2:25 am

hekki and welcome to the shrub Jobiwan.
Moltar
Shrubbite

Postby Moltar » February 11th, 2014, 8:28 am

New members get a gif, from me to you:

User Control Panel -> Board preferences -> Edit display options -> Enable word censoring -> No

Return to “New Member Introduction”