New Member: treehugger

This forum is for new members who wish to join the SOS to introduce themselves.
treehugger
Shrubbite

New Member: treehugger

Postby treehugger » February 6th, 2014, 3:35 am

How did you find the SOS?

Reddit, Tamriel Foundry

What are you looking for in a guild?

I, and my two real life friends, are looking for a mature, fun, casual group of people to march into Tamriel with.  We do not want to be part of a zerg, but part of a tight group of like minded individuals.  

What are you expecting from us, as a guild?

I expect a chill bunch of dudes that enjoy gaming and are committed to succeed at the games they play, being a force to be reckoned with even against tough odds.

Anything we should know about you?

I am a 32 year old guy that is stoked to play ESO.

Anything you would like to know about us?

I read quite a bit on the forums.  I guess I am just curious what the Shrub force is lookign like for ESO.  Small is fine, I just hope there is enough interest here for us to all progress together into end game raiding and PvP.

A window of your home has just been broken. How do you respond?

Tape plastic over it and proceed to look for clues as to how it happened to try and find the culprit.

A man in green asks you to go on a journey. Where do you go and what do you do?

I say hell yes.  We travel to Central America in a converted school bus, stopping to surf and party on the way.

The Lion King is hosting an animal conference. All the animals attend, except one. Which animal does not attend?

The sloth cause he's too cool to give a shrubicorn about the King of the Jungle.

You find a barrel in a river. What is inside it and why

Inside is a brave soul that someone paid $100 to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel.

You are shrunk to the size of a nickel and thrown into an empty blender. The blades start moving in 60 seconds. What do you do?

Whip out my bat-arang and sling it to the top of the blender, smoothly escaping with time to spare because I am that awesome. 

P.S.  Sorry these are short, I started the app and didn't realize it's time to leave work.

Rottencock
Shrubbite

Re: New Member: treehugger

Postby Rottencock » February 6th, 2014, 4:17 am

Welcome Treehugger, glad to have you! Our membership tends to fluctuate wildly during those times (like now) that we don't share a common game. If ESO shares the pattern of our many other successful launches, and it will, more and more prodigal shrubs will return to the shade as April 4th approaches. Our various forum recruitment efforts will continue until launch when they will be mostly replaced by in-game recruiting. We have never had any trouble reaching and defeating endgame content (although most of us don't rush, we tend to be story driven and don't want to skip content).We have quite a few avid PvPers in our ranks and the rest of us are competent at worst, so we will definitely make our presence known in Cyrodill. Feel free to post any additional questions or come find us on our vent channel, the login info is to the left in the sidebar.
dantheman
SOS High Council

Postby dantheman » February 6th, 2014, 6:50 am

Welcome Treehugger! :D

LadyCelestine hates this f@#% post.

Barl
Shrubbite

Postby Barl » February 6th, 2014, 12:09 pm

Hekki, Welcome to the shrub :D make your self at home.
vevielle
Shrubbite

Postby vevielle » February 6th, 2014, 12:53 pm

Welcome to the Shrub! Looking forward to getting to know you :)
Vevielle Vienne - 50 Sage
Gunslinger74
Shrubbite

Postby Gunslinger74 » February 6th, 2014, 5:09 pm

Welcome!

Good news is we're not elitist, although we have a few min/maxers who aren't in your face about it. We are a very chill group of people, who enjoy having a good time in game. Making sure our members are having fun is paramount to the Shrub's mission.

We do have avid PvPers, as well as those who prefer not to partake in that endeavor. Most of us are older professionals with families, jobs and other responsibilities (I am almost 40 and a practicing attorney), but we love our gaming! I, and several others, were huge fans of Dark Age of Camelot and the Realm v. Realm PvP aspect to that game, and I'm personally hoping ESO recaptures some of that excitement through its game design.

I'm generally not an open-world, gank questers type guys, but I do love PvP. By the same token, while battlegrounds have their place, I like the open-world feel of RvR with massive PvP battles (I did love Tauren Mill v. Southshore battles in WoW). It is my sincere hope that ESO fills that hole in my gaming experience left vacant by DAoC.

We do want to do endgame, and while I do tend to rush through the levelling process, we have others who are more leisurely. We try as best we can to support all playstyles.

I think most everyone got into the weekend stress beta this weekend (2/7-2/10). Hope to see you in-game!

Pi'nk/Quintix/Maerlyn/Baledon/Pike (I'm an alt-oholic, too, lol)

LadyCelestine
Site Admin

Postby LadyCelestine » February 6th, 2014, 6:16 pm

Hekki and welcome!!
treehugger
Shrubbite

Postby treehugger » February 7th, 2014, 12:07 am

Thanks for the warm welcome! Jobi and I are really excited to have found a fun group to enjoy Tamriel with. My cousin, our other gaming buddy, will likely be applying soon, as well. I have tomorrow off and will be sure to jump in voice comm to meet up and play with you guys this weekend!
JobiWan
Shrubbite

Postby JobiWan » February 7th, 2014, 12:17 am

Treehugger I want to pretend you're a tree and hug you.
Rika
SOS High Council

Postby Rika » February 7th, 2014, 12:19 am

Welcome to the shrub!
Too many games to count.
treehugger
Shrubbite

Postby treehugger » February 7th, 2014, 12:23 am

JobiWan wrote:Treehugger I want to pretend you're a tree and hug you.

You can hug my tree any day.
Gunslinger74
Shrubbite

Postby Gunslinger74 » February 7th, 2014, 12:48 am

I SO wish I could be off tomorrow, but my 10am moved his apt to 3pm... :(

After work... I shall play!

Rottencock
Shrubbite

Postby Rottencock » February 7th, 2014, 1:29 am

Due to time zones, the beta starts exactly an hour before I start work. What to do.....
Ganeda
Shrubbite

Postby Ganeda » February 7th, 2014, 2:25 am

@Rotten /cough /cough

@treehugger
Welcome to the shrub
Moltar
Shrubbite

Postby Moltar » February 11th, 2014, 8:29 am

new shrubs get a gif, from me to you:

User Control Panel -> Board preferences -> Edit display options -> Enable word censoring -> No

Return to “New Member Introduction”