Skyrim = Divorce

Like to pretend you're someone else? Look here!
Kesnit
Shrubbite

Re: Skyrim = Divorce

Post by Kesnit » February 22nd, 2012, 12:28 pm

Prometheus wrote:I recently started a full blown mage and am not really sure how I feel about it. [snip] And while there is a lot of diversity with full magic it takes longer and you have to prepare for each fight with defensive spells and then choose how you will fight when with my other character I just started popping arrows in asses then charged in with a sword...

I started up a mostly-pure mage (some stealth), but didn't like it all that much. Without silent casting, the trick to stealth up, cast a destruction rune, snipe, and cast Bound Sword didn't work very well. And if I tried to run around with Bound Sword, it tended to disappear in the middle of combat. (I was grinding Illusion up to get Silent Cast, but wasn't there yet.) In the end, I ditched that character because I just didn't like the way it played. Though I did start up a sneak-with-magic (Destruction and Illusion).

Reddkatz wrote:It's also really bad for people who have ADD. OMG I gotta do the main quest, but I need to finish the Companions, oh damn I gotta sign up for the Imperials too. Oh crap there's miscellanous stuff too???

You sound like my fiancee. On her current character, she is trying to do as much as possible. She's already done all the Daedric and all the factions except the Civil War. At LVL 55 (I think), she actually went to the Graybeards for the first time. Her goal is to actually get a character to cap, though she'll have to use a glitch to get Block and Two-Handed to 100. (The book that raises your stats. Can't remember the name of it and am too lazy to look it up.)

moordare
Shrubbite

Post by moordare » April 14th, 2012, 5:42 pm

Anyone have Skyrim or ME3 on Xbox that they are done with and want to sell? I ought to get skyrim on PC, but xbox will give me more time to play it..not to mention, they are putting out an update to allow kinect voice commands for shouts.

LadyCelestine
Site Admin

Post by LadyCelestine » April 17th, 2012, 12:27 pm

I just bought Skyrim (thanks to a dead PC monitor) from Gamestop used. It was still $49.49, but with trade-ins I picked it up free and Kingdoms of Amalur too. (BTW, I'm thinking KOA will go back unless whoever was raving about it can tell me why and quickly. So far it's too themepark and kiddie without the cute.)

Or if you just want a few days of trying it out, rent it from Netflix or Gamefly.

LadyCelestine
Site Admin

Post by LadyCelestine » May 1st, 2012, 6:21 pm

Lokke actually deigned to play Skyrim based on the adventures of Nordrick!! [rofl]

lokke
Shrubbite

Post by lokke » May 1st, 2012, 7:00 pm

tiz tru, Im a lizardman archer who collects butterflies, flowers and kills bandits.

vevielle
Shrubbite

Post by vevielle » May 1st, 2012, 10:19 pm

i just want to specialize in everything, so many tough decisions!

My current toon is an archer/thief who does good for people (despite the irony) and i collect EVERYTHING. MY secondary is shield/onehanded with a small tidbit into restoration.
Vevielle Vienne - 50 Sage

moordare
Shrubbite

Post by moordare » May 15th, 2012, 5:29 pm

Finally got skyrim, and I am staring at the race select screen unable to make up my mind. argh. I always go for the magic classes, I did that in morrowind--I had a magic wielding mage, that killed everything by hitting it with my op swords. Maybe I should just go orc, and bash everything.