Arkham City...

Like to pretend you're someone else? Look here!
Prometheus
Shrubbite

Arkham City...

Post by Prometheus » October 19th, 2011, 3:31 pm

So this game is pretty badass... I saw Netty got it as well. At first I was a bit taken aback because the actual open world seems a bit small... only a few city blocks worth. But two things became very clear quickly. One, these city blocks are DENSE. It is so packed with content that I have strayed from the main story multiple times already to just do side stuff. It is also so detailed that there is a ton to see from any point in the game. For such a small open world they make it look very different from little district to little district.

Two- The main city is more of an overworld map. There are "dungeons" for lack of a better word that are pretty big themselves and just as detailed and dense as the overworld.

Having a super time so far... if you like batman at all you own it to yourself to check this out.

-Prommy

Netrok
Shrubbite

Re: Arkham City...

Post by Netrok » October 19th, 2011, 5:26 pm

I concur with basically everything Prom said. Thumbs up!

And also, they need more scantly clad super villain ladies.

darkrye
Shrubbite

Post by darkrye » October 19th, 2011, 6:45 pm

I loved AA and want this pretty bad, may pick it up on steam but I have to many games needing attention right now, plus it's only 23 days till Skyrim which will have me by the cajones until TOR early access. Gahhhh! There is so much to play this time of year!

Prometheus
Shrubbite

Post by Prometheus » October 19th, 2011, 7:50 pm

no Jawa Poodoo... My list this season is

Battlefield 3
Batman: Arkham City
Skyrim
Assassins Creed: Rev
SWTOR

That is a much heavier load than a normal fall/winter game load.

-Prommy

DarkCow
Shrubbite

Post by DarkCow » October 19th, 2011, 7:57 pm

If you were smart like me you'd save single player only games like Batman and Skyrim for the summer lull when they are also bound to be cheaper. :p

darkrye
Shrubbite

Post by darkrye » October 19th, 2011, 9:53 pm

DarkCow wrote:If you were smart like me you'd save single player only games like Batman and Skyrim for the summer lull when they are also bound to be cheaper. :p

I have never waited for an Elder Scrolls game! Never!

I am quite concerned I will not have had enough time with Skyrim once TOR rolls around.

DarkCow
Shrubbite

Post by DarkCow » October 19th, 2011, 10:48 pm

See, but it'll be exactly the same game in 6-8 months. I'll be happy to play it then. :p Multiplayer games are the ones that are time sensitive; ever changing flavors as the community evolves.

moordare
Shrubbite

Post by moordare » October 19th, 2011, 11:13 pm

I loved morrowind, one of my favorite RPG's of all time. But I did not start Oblivion right away, and I just never seemed to get into it for some reason--just did not give it enough time I guess. Something in my brain, once a game is old, I have a hard time going back and playing it, I just grab whatever the new thing is. I do need to get batman, the first one was a blast--though I forgot to pre-order from Best Buy....so no Robin playable character

Prometheus
Shrubbite

Post by Prometheus » October 20th, 2011, 10:27 am

They already said that all of the exlusives are actually only "limited time" which means that you can get the others DLC in a few months.

-Prommy

Strife
Shrubbite

Post by Strife » October 22nd, 2011, 6:08 pm

I just got a ps3 copy from gamefly (which I will be cancelling in about a month due to redbox and thinking it price is just not worth it once SWTOR is out taking up my time) is as awesome as the hype and prom says. I will be waiting tell buy tho in summer due to them pushing the pc tell after skyrim that and all the added dlc that steam will surely have a great sell on latter. That and my game wall is already full pretty much all prom has adding a few other like Saints Third and what nots.

moordare
Shrubbite

Post by moordare » November 3rd, 2011, 4:38 pm

Took advantage of the buy 2 get 1 free from target. The first two were easy choices for me. Battlefield 3 PC, Batman Xbox. The third was more difficult, as nothing really called my name. It would have been easier in a couple of weeks, but sale would be gone then. Ended up getting Deus Ex PC, just so I can play with my new toy. I almost reached back to get Black Ops, walked around carrying Gears of war 3 for a minute, picked up and was interested in Dark Souls--passing on it ultimately because I had never heard of it, but IGN seemed to like it. Also was intrigued by Goldeneye reboot, but passed because it just would not feel natural without the n64 controller.

Deus Ex was a fun game when I played the original, and though maybe not the best choice, I am sure it isn't a regretable one.....ie almost every super hero game I ever pick up minus Batman, and maybe one of the Spidermen games

DarkCow
Shrubbite

Post by DarkCow » November 3rd, 2011, 4:46 pm

Out of those I would probably have most recommended Dark Souls or Gears. I did not play the new Dues Ex but everything I heard about it said "Fun but... meh". I think a lot of the frustration came from the fact that everything but combat spec'd characters got screwed over by boss fights. I am sure you will enjoy it, it was free after all! :-bd

Surprised you had not heard of Dark Souls, though, the hype train for that thing was about 3 miles long.

moordare
Shrubbite

Post by moordare » November 3rd, 2011, 4:56 pm

I could still return Deus Ex, I have not opened it yet, if someone that has played it and the other stuff has strong opinions I would definately like to hear it. It may be free, but it is still $60 that could be used elsewhere. If Dark Souls is really good, I could exchange for that, It sounded like a game I would like..though as far as RPG goes, skyrim is around the corner--just too close to SWTOR for me to get right now, probably wait 6 months on it.

DarkCow
Shrubbite

Post by DarkCow » November 3rd, 2011, 5:04 pm

I hear you on the RPG overload.

Dark Souls is supposed to be quite amazing, albeit very challenging. If you are prone to tossing your controller in rage, it might an expensive game to play. Prom can let you know about his thoughts on both Dues Ex and Gears 3 as he has played them both. Although, he is easily impressed by things, so take his opinion with a large grain of salt. :D

(Gears 3's campaign is a nice capstone to the trilogy, even if a bit cheesy. The multiplayer is fun too, much better balanced that the previous two gears games.)

Prometheus
Shrubbite

Post by Prometheus » November 3rd, 2011, 5:15 pm

Gears is Gears... if you own an Xbox you owe it to yourself to play the trilogy.

Deus Ex was good. I was expecting better but it is by no means a bad game. I just found the side quests more interesting than the main storyline and for a game that touts the ability to play the way you want and level your character dynamically it pigeon holes you into combat heavy situations. My super hacker stealth nerd nary stood a chance against bosses sporting chain guns.

-Prommy