Share your Diablo 3 Character Builds!

They got lots.....
DarkCow
Shrubbite

Re: Share your Diablo 3 Character Builds!

Post by DarkCow » September 26th, 2011, 12:31 pm

Hey meph; Diablo 3 skills work thusly:

You get all skills as you level up, you begin unlocking the 7 possible hotkey slots, 6 of which can be used for skills, 1 for potions or scrolls. There is also the 3 "background" slots for passive skills which are unlocked and level 10, 20, and 30.

Currently, in the beta you can swap out those 6 skills at anytime, but they are working on a system to limit that a bit (they don't want skill swapping in combat to seem like the required way to play.)

It's actually a lot more open than D2, where you'd focus on pumping up 2-3 skills to max. And with the rune system there is going to be a lot of variety in builds I feel. I was worried about losing the skill points, but I think... maybe... they've come up with something pretty cool.

Moltar
Shrubbite

Post by Moltar » September 26th, 2011, 12:50 pm

*click the button and watch the monster die*
User Control Panel -> Board preferences -> Edit display options -> Enable word censoring -> No

DarkCow
Shrubbite

Post by DarkCow » September 26th, 2011, 12:54 pm

You've just described every RPG ever made! [smilie=fool.gif]

Mephisto
Shrubbite

Post by Mephisto » September 26th, 2011, 3:02 pm

DarkCow wrote:Hey meph; Diablo 3 skills work thusly:

You get all skills as you level up, you begin unlocking the 7 possible hotkey slots, 6 of which can be used for skills, 1 for potions or scrolls. There is also the 3 "background" slots for passive skills which are unlocked and level 10, 20, and 30.

Currently, in the beta you can swap out those 6 skills at anytime, but they are working on a system to limit that a bit (they don't want skill swapping in combat to seem like the required way to play.)

It's actually a lot more open than D2, where you'd focus on pumping up 2-3 skills to max. And with the rune system there is going to be a lot of variety in builds I feel. I was worried about losing the skill points, but I think... maybe... they've come up with something pretty cool.

Oh, well if you can switch them out then I guess it's fine with me haha. I was thinking along D2 lines where skills were permanent.
Sweet!!
Battle.net ID: OOSena#1413
EVE-Online: Zakneifein
World of Warcraft - Greymane (PvE) Alliance
The <SoS> unofficial guild - MEGATRAIN
SmalliusGius - Mage | Roflsaurus - Death Knight | Lolcano - Hunter