Diablo 3 Beta

They got lots.....
DarkCow
Shrubbite

Diablo 3 Beta

Post by DarkCow » September 13th, 2011, 2:31 am

With hope of a general testing invite to swtor all but a pipe dream and weekend testing suspended "till further notice" I've turned my attention to hoping for a Diablo 3 beta invite. Rumors of them extending the beta net past the current "friends and family" test as early as tomorrow.

I was checking the official forums and found a sticky stating that there was a change in their system scan software and requesting everyone resubmit their scans. If anyone is interested in this beta should head back to their battle.net account and re-do the scan. (and ensure they've opted in to Diablo universe betas)

It's no biggie and takes less than a minute. Go go beta! [smilie=tease.gif]

Strife
Shrubbite

Re: Diablo 3 Beta

Post by Strife » September 13th, 2011, 3:15 am

I am very interested in these game tho some how I never played any of the originals not sure how that happen guess I was to much of a console gamer back in H/S days. Go be loot hoers to your dark souls content, anyone else think these game will see same day or very close release date around SWTOR release just to be evil Bliz.

DarkCow
Shrubbite

Post by DarkCow » September 13th, 2011, 3:53 am

neither has a release date yet, but both are semi-secretly targeting a "holiday 2011" release. Very easily one or both games could be pushed back.

I am hoping that is the case, as it would destroy me on the inside to have to give Diablo 3 a pass even temporarily. (But I know myself and a real MMO > ARPG with pseudo MMO elements.)

You're still eligible for the beta if you have a b.net account with any previous blizzard game attached. (Except WoW; you need an active sub for that to count.)

Netrok
Shrubbite

Post by Netrok » September 13th, 2011, 11:06 am

I updated my stats on battle.net just to make sure, although the only change was my download speed due to fluctuation. I've been waiting for Diablo 3 to come out for ages. Diablo was the first online game I ever played, before that it was all LAN with my brother after we punched a hole through both of our walls. I can still remember those days as an angsty teen in the chat rooms talking about lord only knows what.

DarkCow
Shrubbite

Post by DarkCow » September 13th, 2011, 9:30 pm

Haha! I have the Diablo Beta Client!!!!!!

but... sadly it is just from a backdoor access to the blizzard downloader. No actual logging in for me! :(

At least this way I'll be ready when I get an invite! hah..... [smilie=threaten.gif]

Netrok
Shrubbite

Post by Netrok » September 13th, 2011, 10:05 pm

I'm not going to lie, a lot of envy was directed at you for a whopping five seconds.

DarkCow
Shrubbite

Post by DarkCow » September 14th, 2011, 1:00 am

Hehe. Yeah. I've probably karmically disqualified myself from actually getting an invite now.... but I don't really believe in that sort of thing, and I couldn't resist.

Found on official diablo forums: http://imgur.com/a/bHwEz

DarkCow
Shrubbite

Post by DarkCow » September 15th, 2011, 7:54 pm

"Blue" Post on Diablo 3 forums:

Blizzard wrote:When closed beta begins there will be press releases, blog posts, twitter tweets, ticker tape parades, 30's style boxing, confetti manufacturing and expending, spit takes, coffee manufacturing and consuming, crying, handball matches (no waterfalls), news ports AND re-ports, anger, too many emails in my inbox, too many begging threads in this forum, and potentially a few happy people.

You'll know.

Picante
Shrubbite

Post by Picante » September 16th, 2011, 12:42 am

is diablo 3 an MMO?

I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as some other dude.

Prometheus
Shrubbite

Post by Prometheus » September 16th, 2011, 1:06 am

That is a tough question but the short answer is no. Diablo 2 was a special sort of game. There was a single player game which i must have played through at least a dozen times... then there was the multiplayer. Multiplayer was kind of MMO-ish. You could group up with friends to run quests... you could PvP and collect ears... you could do "boss runs" for loot. Diablo 2 is actually an early blueprint for many modern MMO games. All of this was free though... there was no monthly charge. Nor will there be with Diablo 3 when it comes out. So it was not a "massively" multiplayer game... but it felt like it sometimes.

-Prommy

DarkCow
Shrubbite

Post by DarkCow » September 16th, 2011, 1:29 am

On the Hierarchy of RPGs it goes something like Single Player Games (ie. Elder Scrolls) --> Diablo --> Guild Wars --> Real MMOs.

It'd never stratch that MMO "itch" for me, but the time I sunk into Diablo 2 over the years rivals even that of WoW.

DarkCow
Shrubbite

Post by DarkCow » September 20th, 2011, 6:41 pm

There's nothing concrete yet, but press beta invites have gone out today and it was previously mentioned that the public closed beta would begin concurrently with press invites.

Couldn't hurt to check your inbox/b.net account. :D

Moltar
Shrubbite

Post by Moltar » September 22nd, 2011, 2:32 am

meh, i'd probably give mine away to you guys
User Control Panel -> Board preferences -> Edit display options -> Enable word censoring -> No

DarkCow
Shrubbite

Post by DarkCow » September 22nd, 2011, 12:11 pm

The beta is added directly onto your account, so you can't give it away unless you let someone log into your account. (And I think they are pretty strict about crazy IP changes for account log ins these days.

Also, stop bashing D3 without even trying it first. Diablo is possibly the best series in gaming history. I have some misgivings about D3, but I have confidence that it'll all come out in the wash.

Moltar
Shrubbite

Post by Moltar » September 23rd, 2011, 4:51 am

DarkCow wrote:The beta is added directly onto your account, so you can't give it away unless you let someone log into your account. (And I think they are pretty strict about crazy IP changes for account log ins these days.

Also, stop bashing D3 without even trying it first. Diablo is possibly the best series in gaming history. I have some misgivings about D3, but I have confidence that it'll all come out in the wash.

Exposed: You are wrong.

Greatest series in gaming history: Legend of Zelda.

Greatest game in gaming history: Chrono Trigger.

You may discuss.
User Control Panel -> Board preferences -> Edit display options -> Enable word censoring -> No