Diablo3

They got lots.....
Mephisto
Shrubbite

Re: Diablo3

Post by Mephisto » May 27th, 2012, 10:13 pm

anyone kinda let down by the story? I just started playing nightmare so I'm happy with the difficulty (normal was SO easy), but I feel like the story was kind of ....eh
Battle.net ID: OOSena#1413
EVE-Online: Zakneifein
World of Warcraft - Greymane (PvE) Alliance
The <SoS> unofficial guild - MEGATRAIN
SmalliusGius - Mage | Roflsaurus - Death Knight | Lolcano - Hunter

LadyCelestine
Site Admin

Post by LadyCelestine » May 27th, 2012, 10:15 pm

There was a story? :D

Mephisto
Shrubbite

Post by Mephisto » May 27th, 2012, 10:19 pm

LadyCelestine wrote:There was a story? :D

yeah, exactly.

Look, so I can't even begin to tell you the story for Diablo 2 and LoD, but I feel because you had to do all this talking for D3 that it could have been much more inviting and entertaining. Seemed kind of silly to me.

Also, I feel like the dungeons of D3 kind of paled in comparison to D2. Maybe it was the cartoony artistry, maybe it was by design, but there was no mind-bending Arcane Sanctuary... No breathtaking Pandemonium Fortress. No mind-numbing Kurast Jungles....
I love the gameplay, and this is honestly the best $60 I've spent on a game in years, but I feel like they could do more... no?

Prometheus
Shrubbite

Post by Prometheus » May 28th, 2012, 10:23 am

There is a lot of fan service in the story... mainly in event quests and a lot of the books and scrolls you find. If you played Diablo 1 and 2 a shrubicorn and remember certain things from those games there are many little tips of the hat. That was what made the story cool for me. The main story was a bit meh...

Spoilers ahead...

Spoiler:
The Lord of Lies could not fool anyone. Even your character is like... Hey... yeah... ummm... you SUCK at lying.

The Lord of Sin is supposed to be one of the best military stratigic commanders EVER yet all he does is tell you exactly what he is doing, and that you cannot stop him... then does it... and you do stop him. This is no Napolean here.

They gave Diablo tits.... whaaaaaa?
Last edited by Prometheus on May 28th, 2012, 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: added spoiler tag

-Prommy

LadyCelestine
Site Admin

Post by LadyCelestine » May 28th, 2012, 11:57 am

Fixed that right up for ya.

Spoiler:
Prometheus wrote:They gave Diablo tits.... whaaaaaa?

LOL....it's all about the host! Look at the dog Aliens!! :D

Reddkatz
Shrubbite

Post by Reddkatz » June 3rd, 2012, 5:12 pm

Level 40 demon hunter. Still in nightmare mode, and made it to the 2nd act.

I was also a total nerd and calculated my experience earned per kill. I wanted to see the numbers to see how much of an investment I was making from buying stuff that added more exp gain along with the rubies I'm putting on my head.

My base exp per kill without add-ons is 209, in nightmare mode for minions. Adding all my exp bonsues I get 262 per kill. I haven't calculated for elites and bosses, but it's hard to do when I kill a bunch with the elite in the middle. So I can't take a good accurate reading from them. I'm going to try though.

But the experience bonus from items and the ruby does help. I'm level 40 and only in nightmare mode. B-)

Prometheus
Shrubbite

Post by Prometheus » June 6th, 2012, 12:39 pm

Your DPS is stupid high and I hate you for it. I am playing a barb in Hell act 1 and my DPS is only around 1400. Of course my hit points are almost 22000 and with high armor and a shield I can leap into a pack of 20+ mobs and walk out alive. I am guessing you cannot take much of a hit.

-Prommy

Lohengrin
Shrubbite

Post by Lohengrin » June 6th, 2012, 1:38 pm

That is crazy high dps - my mage is 42 and has maybe half that. But I have a shield off-hand and play melee/tank style mage, so I trade a lot of dps for survivability. Also, I HATE exp-gain items ... I find that I level up too fast as it is and my gear quickly becomes obsolete. I focus on Int/Damage Resistance/Life per Hit when I look at itemization

And for the story:

Spoiler:
Agreed it was stupid ... and predictable. I knew the child emperor was Belial the second time he spoke with me. I knew that Adria was going to betray us the moment I met her. They basically followed every generic script from the plot-o-matic ... boring boring boring. I didn't expect Leah to be Diablo's daughter, but meh ... whatever
Common sense isn't

Reddkatz
Shrubbite

Post by Reddkatz » June 7th, 2012, 2:37 am

Prometheus wrote:Your DPS is stupid high and I hate you for it. I am playing a barb in Hell act 1 and my DPS is only around 1400. Of course my hit points are almost 22000 and with high armor and a shield I can leap into a pack of 20+ mobs and walk out alive. I am guessing you cannot take much of a hit.

You're a barbarian, you're primary role is to be a meat shield/buffer. I have gotten my skills down to a science. I know what works solo and what works in a group. Mostly in solo I use the hungering arrows and the chakram, with multi-shot for aoe attacks, fan of knives for melee attacks and shadow power to regain health. In groups I use more traps like caltrops and spike traps. Oh and for bosses I use the sentries.

lohengrin wrote:That is crazy high dps - my mage is 42 and has maybe half that. But I have a shield off-hand and play melee/tank style mage, so I trade a lot of dps for survivability. Also, I HATE exp-gain items ... I find that I level up too fast as it is and my gear quickly becomes obsolete. I focus on Int/Damage Resistance/Life per Hit when I look at itemization

I like the power-leveling on Diablo. And honestly I really didn't care about the story because everyone should really know that Diablo is all about getting cool stuff and lots of gold. D&D in a video game ;)

Prometheus
Shrubbite

Post by Prometheus » June 7th, 2012, 10:38 am

And therein lies the problem...

In diablo you should not NEED tanks. This is not WoW. It is Diablo. Forcing melee classes into using shields is sad.

-Prommy

Lohengrin
Shrubbite

Post by Lohengrin » June 7th, 2012, 11:53 am

I'm only on Nightmare, but I've read that Inferno is so rough that you pretty much have to have a shield or else you'll get one-shot. I read that Blizzard is toning it down a little bit, so dual-wielding might be viable after that. I use a shield on my mage because I like the melee/tank playstyle with him ... it's kind of fun, and a little odd to see a mage wading into the fray against a zillion baddies
Common sense isn't

Reddkatz
Shrubbite

Post by Reddkatz » June 7th, 2012, 2:31 pm

There is suppose to be a bunch of little fixes to make things balanced out mores like making legendary items more desirable and etc etc. By 5 months being predicted it'll be balanced out like D2

Mephisto
Shrubbite

Post by Mephisto » June 24th, 2012, 2:02 pm

hey reddkatz, how are you getting all your damage? is it the emeralds? I'm level 36 I think and my damage is still just at 1,000.

bjmarler
Shrubbite

Post by bjmarler » July 30th, 2012, 12:56 pm

I've got two characters up to lvl 60 - a DH, and a Barb. I had A LOT of fun getting both of them leveled up to 60, but being stuck in Act 1 Inferno is getting a bit boreing.
Scorp

dantheman
SOS High Council

Post by dantheman » July 30th, 2012, 7:35 pm

Heh my 60 Barb is stuck on Act 2 Inferno but I haven't logged on since TSW came out.

LadyCelestine hates this f@#% post.