New GRRadio Website

Looking to solicit the Servants of the Shrub Community or one of its Gaming Chapters for upcoming events, this is the place.
RebelWeasel

New GRRadio Website

Post by RebelWeasel » June 16th, 2012, 3:59 pm

Not sure if anyone noticed but our http://www.gamerevolutionradio.com website was down for the better part of this last week. It's not functional again, however enjoy the old style while you still can because it will soon be nothing more than a re-direct to our new snazzy website, http://www.gamerevolutionradio.org. The new website has a pop-out player so you can still stay tuned in without keeping the entire web site up. It also has an improved Now Playing box that not only tells you the song that's on air now, but also what the show name is and who the DJ is at that time. We will have a text chat box or page available soon to make it super easy for people to make song requests, I'm just still shopping for one that I like :D

I hope you like the new website! I just got back on air this week really, and am starting to feel much like myself again!

LadyCelestine
Site Admin

Re: New GRRadio Website

Post by LadyCelestine » June 16th, 2012, 6:55 pm

<:-P

Great to have you back Rebel! Glad to hear things are finally getting back to normal!

lostkangaroo
High Prophet

Post by lostkangaroo » June 16th, 2012, 8:39 pm

Ha funny thing that one. I noticed last night and updated the link while attempting to search out the song title for the totally awesome brain melting song you were playing.

RebelWeasel

Post by RebelWeasel » June 16th, 2012, 8:56 pm

I am sorry about that. I didn't notify you because every day it was down I kept thinking "we'll have it back up tomorrow so no worries"

We had an issue because the company we bought that domain from did not send us an invoice reminder that the domain was due for renewal and also locked our account as being "inactive" so that I could not even log in to pay it when it did expire.

I went through live chat support and filed three tickets with three separate reps before they would actually read what I said that I didn't have a problem with my HOSTING account but with my DOMAIN purchase account, which they very stupidly insist on making two separate things rather than one like my current host does.

And then after that finally got sorted out and I could pay them, my bank blocked paying them because the online merchant they go through (NOT Paypal) did not use the three digit code on the back of my credit card to verify the authenticity of my purchase, even though they did ask for the code.

It was a nightmare of bullshit issue after bullshit issue and as soon as the initial 60 days are done I'll be transferring the domain to a new sales company that is a bit more reliable on stuff like that and also located in the US at least, so that these sorts of things won't take 6 days to sort out simply because we're 9 hours apart as well.

I did a typo and said the dot-com site was not functional. I meant to say it is NOW functional lol.

Either way, they're both up and running now heh. Soon the com site will simply be a re-direct mirror anyway.

lostkangaroo
High Prophet

Post by lostkangaroo » June 17th, 2012, 5:48 am

Bah @ former hosting

RebelWeasel

Post by RebelWeasel » June 18th, 2012, 3:44 am

What can we say, they were in the UK :P

Vent info is now on the new site. It's a sloppy temporary location but it's there for people who need it again. Sorry about that also!

I am dropping my thursday night show this week. That leaves me only on air Friday, 8pm EST for now. I will be doing the Jawa Mystery Tour show for SWTOR again in a couple weeks, I just need a bit of a break to handle the back-end things for the station and since I moved to the Ebon Hawk server and had lost all my listeners, this was a good chance for me to drop the dance club format, since there's another station that does a Thursday radio show at that same day/time anyway :)