Moltar Review: Electric Kettle

Want to talk about Art, Books, and awesome Culinary Experience pick up a pen and write about it.
Moltar
Shrubbite

Moltar Review: Electric Kettle

Post by Moltar » August 30th, 2012, 8:04 am

I just bought an electric kettle. It has come to my attention that I drink way too much soda.
In an effort to fix this, I have been trying to switch to tea instead.

I do hate, however, microwaving water. It boils over, it's inconsistent, it's time consuming, etc.
So, i resolved to buy an electric kettle.

Tonight, i have had two cups of tea instead of my two diet pepsi max's.
It has been wonderful.

If you desire to break or lessen your dependence on soda: BUY AN ELECTRIC KETTLE.

User Control Panel -> Board preferences -> Edit display options -> Enable word censoring -> No

Despirado
Shrubbite

Re: Moltar Review: Electric Kettle

Post by Despirado » August 30th, 2012, 3:06 pm

Why the switch? Does tea have less caffeine or less sugar. I always figured a couple of teaspoons of sugar in a cup of tea was probably about the same that I get in a soda.
Alts: Despurado (Templar)

Ganeda
Shrubbite

Post by Ganeda » August 30th, 2012, 3:51 pm

I have been using eletric water heaters for some time for both tea and coffee.
Even 1 teaspoon of sugar is less than the sugar in pop.

I learned to drink coffee and tea without sugar, and dropped pop from my diet (unless I am drinking rum and cokes). Doing this I lost 10 pouinds over the course of a year, which has remained off. Should mention I would always have been considered thin to HWP to begin with, so losing 10 pounds on that is telling about how much sugar/calories are in pop.

Also the acid in pop is very very bad, the acidic level of pop is higher than you are legally allowed to pour down the drain.

Moltar
Shrubbite

Post by Moltar » August 30th, 2012, 3:54 pm

I don't put sugar in my tea... I usually make Earl Grey or Sleepytime, both of which I like 'black'. Black tea has the most caffeine, but it pales in comparison to the amount in soda. I only drink diet sodas as well, so not drinking artificial sweeteners is an added plus. Bonus: tea has antioxidants! Not found in Pepsi or Mountain Dew, man.
User Control Panel -> Board preferences -> Edit display options -> Enable word censoring -> No

Despirado
Shrubbite

Post by Despirado » August 30th, 2012, 3:57 pm

Hmm, maybe I'll pick up some tea next shopping trip. I'm not so sure I'd mix it with Captain Morgan, but it might be a good replacement for the Diet Mountain Dew I've been drinking lately.
Alts: Despurado (Templar)

Moltar
Shrubbite

Post by Moltar » August 30th, 2012, 4:03 pm

Try Twinnings Earl Grey tea. My favorite. I am not a huge fan of Green teas, but try them out. There are also Red teas, which are very interesting (sometimes found under Roobose (sp?). There are TONS of teas to try. If you really want to get fancy, there are websites where you can order some really exotic and awesome tea blends. Best thing? Tea is cheap! One 12 pack of soda is like 4 bucks.. for as much, you can buy like 40 tea bags.

Ganeda
Shrubbite

Post by Ganeda » August 30th, 2012, 4:20 pm

Coffee + Alcohol of choice if you are looking.
Although coffee has a lot of chemicals that make it bad for you and Coffee has really high caffeine spike and so becomes addicting quickly. Tea has a more timed release of caffeine and is less addicting.
Just my 2 cents...

Ganeda
Shrubbite

Post by Ganeda » August 30th, 2012, 4:26 pm

Here is the kettle i use... Kinda cool because you can see the water boiling off of the heating element.

http://www.amazon.com/Teavana-Glass-Electric-Kettle/dp/B001U5GBK2

windswept
SOS Chapter Leader

Post by windswept » September 7th, 2012, 9:16 pm

I had an electric kettle at uni; alas, it seems to have disappeared. :( I missss that thing.
Guildmaster: SWTOR Republic
<Servants of the Shrub>

Kinri: Commando | Cyradis: Jedi Shadow
Dak'eyras: Marauder | Zotoh: Sorcerer

stumpyguy
Shrubbite

Post by stumpyguy » September 8th, 2012, 2:16 am

As an Englishman, can I just give a big hats off to you Moltar for converting to tea! :) You have seen the light!

However, to answer another point, I think my fellow countryfolk have proven that it is, indeed, all to easy to become addicted (and totally obsessed) with tea...