[Culinary] recipe suggestions

Want to talk about Art, Books, and awesome Culinary Experience pick up a pen and write about it.
Lajoy
Shrubbite

[Culinary] recipe suggestions

Post by Lajoy » July 15th, 2012, 2:00 pm

Alright ya'll. I have gotten sick of the 30 + Recipes I can make. Anyone have any good crock pot, chicken or beef or pork recipes they'd like to share?

Doesn't really matter how complicated the recipe is, I can usually do almost anything needed to cook since I love doing so.

I do appreciate anything you guys toss my way.

Thanks!
JoyJoy
Servant of the Shrub
The Secret World
JoyJoy-Templar
JJoy - Dragon
Caligh - Illuminati
Minecraft - LaJoy

vevielle
Shrubbite

Re: [Culinary] recipe suggestions

Post by vevielle » July 17th, 2012, 1:15 am

Hey joy! I love to cook too, but my life being off-track at the moment has meant a lot of take out for me =P

When I do cook regularly, I have a few recipes I could recommend, but I usually make chicken, steak, fishes, do you ever make fish?

Firstly tho, do you use Allrecipes.com? I highly suggest making an account there (they have a basic free one, and a paid one with some nifty features) I can an email a day with a main dish recipe and some sides. its really helpful for getting ideas. Also, they have excellent users who write great reviews of recipes.
Vevielle Vienne - 50 Sage

Moltar
Shrubbite

Post by Moltar » July 17th, 2012, 1:48 am

User Control Panel -> Board preferences -> Edit display options -> Enable word censoring -> No

Siona
Shrubbite

Post by Siona » July 17th, 2012, 11:15 am

http://www.food.com/recipes/crock-pot-s ... er/popular

I preferred it when the site was recipezaar.com but its still decent. :-)
THESE FORUMS HAVE A FILTER. TO DISABLE IT:
User Control Panel -> Board preferences -> Edit display options -> Enable word censoring -> No

Lajoy
Shrubbite

Post by Lajoy » July 21st, 2012, 2:56 pm

allrecipes.com I have like 200 of those saved in my email. I love them. I dont do fish. Bran doesnt like it often. I do love it tho. Thank you Vev and Siona. Sorry Moltar I can't see the picture you've posted :( Cry. lol. I'll have to load it from my phone. Thanks ya'll :)
JoyJoy
Servant of the Shrub
The Secret World
JoyJoy-Templar
JJoy - Dragon
Caligh - Illuminati
Minecraft - LaJoy

Isle
Shrubbite

Hash Brown Casserole

Post by Isle » July 23rd, 2012, 12:50 pm

Hashbrown Casserole, Isle Style.

1 bag hashbrowns (750g?) 1 large onion, chopped
1 can cream of chicken soup 1 container sour cream (2 cup?)(500 ml)
1 pkg grated mozzerella (2 cups?) chicken shreds, or sandwich meat or the like

(I have used frozen chunks of chicken bits, also used canned turkey sandwich meat, chicken haddie (fish) bits of ham, etc, to add protein, your choice. Turkey & chicken seem to work best, a cup or so just to add bits of interest here and there)

optional: mushrooms, fresh or canned, chopped.

**Mix it all together in a big bowl.. salt and pepper in bowl too. Put in big casserole, either 9x13 shallow, or taller square type. greasing dish would help.

**Crumb topping is nice to add... make one from a cereal or crackers or a combo... get a plastic bag, like a zip lock.. put in crackers, ritz, shreddies or cornflakes etc and shake in a bunch of garlic salt, poultry seasoning, pepper, sage.. etc... then crush it all up on the counter with a rolling pin or heavy can, roll it around til it is all mixed, shake bag up.. sprinkle on top of casserole.

** cover with foil or lid. 350 oven, 90 min ish. then take foil off and let top brown for maybe 20 min. ** cook time will depend on dish size and shape, but 90 min is a good ballpark. Don't be surprised if it still needs another half hour.

Enjoy!

Isle
Shrubbite

Post by Isle » July 23rd, 2012, 12:53 pm

Isle's Chili, Hot Italian Style.

1lb of Hot Italian Sausage 1/2 lb beef strips
2 onions 1 gr pepper, 1 red pepper
mushrooms 1 large stalk celery
2 lg cans kidney beans 1 lg can black beans
1 lg can diced tomatos 1 lg can spicy spaghetti sauce or tomato sauce
1 can niblet corn 2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp chili powder garlic salt, pepper to taste

Cut skin off sausages, fry until cooked, breaking up constantly while stirring so it resembles ground beef. Cut up beef strips (I used scissors) into small bites, add to frying pan, cooking in sausage grease. I used Montreal Steak Spice, much pepper and garlic on the beef strips. DRAIN GREASE. Put meat in large pot, set aside.

Chop finely and lightly sauté onions, peppers, celery, shrooms, garlic. Just enough to help release flavors. Add to pot with meat. Stir well.

Add tomatos, add chili powder to the tomatos in the pot, stir it up well. Add rest of ingredients, but **MAKE SURE YOU DRAIN THE BEANS**. I rinse them in a strainer, then add to pot. They are packed in a sludge that is gross in your chili and can kill the flavor.

I usually garlic salt and pepper the mix after I stir it, and let it simmer on low for an hour or 2. Stir occasionally, it will build up a nice juice after about half an hour, even if it looks thicker at first.

Keep it right on low, it should just bubble slightly, but not scorch.

I have this Clubhouse Blend spice called "Roasted Garlic and Red Pepper" that I like to sprinkle on top, adds a bit of zing as well. Enjoy!

Isle
Shrubbite

Post by Isle » July 23rd, 2012, 12:55 pm

I have some others, these were in text files since I had sent them to friends on request. If anyone has questions on them, just ask.

[ninja]

Lajoy
Shrubbite

Post by Lajoy » July 23rd, 2012, 8:13 pm

Isle thank you so much! I'll have to try these recipes out! I really appreciates it
JoyJoy
Servant of the Shrub
The Secret World
JoyJoy-Templar
JJoy - Dragon
Caligh - Illuminati
Minecraft - LaJoy

Despirado
Shrubbite

Post by Despirado » July 24th, 2012, 1:41 pm

That spicy chili sounds pretty good, Isle.
Alts: Despurado (Templar)

vevielle
Shrubbite

Post by vevielle » July 25th, 2012, 1:01 am

I know you said Bran doesn't like fish, but if you're ever cooking for just you and the gals here's the salmon recipe I made for tonight, amounts can be varied to your taste, but general rule of thumbs:

Fresh Salmon Fillet (sockeye salmon is my favorite when it goes on sale) - 1 pound for two people

Marinade:
1/4 cup soy sauce (i prefer low sodium)
1-2 gloves finely minced garlic
juice of 1 large lemon
3-4 teaspoons dijon mustard
1-2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
black pepper to taste
*above items all mixed into a small bowl

Let the salmon sit out for 10-15 minutes to get to room temperature in a baking pan

While mixing the marinade preheat oven to 350º

once salmon is room temperature, poor marinade over the fish in the baking pan and let sit for 10 minutes, but not longer otherwise the acid in the lemon juice will prematurely start to "cook" the salmon

bake for 15-20 minutes or until the thick part of the fish flakes easily with a fork

goes great with a small starch (cous cous, quinoa, orzo) and veggie of your choice! I usually add some peas or chopped broccoli to the starch

simple, easy, throw-together meal with not a lot of prep or cook time :)
Vevielle Vienne - 50 Sage

Lajoy
Shrubbite

Post by Lajoy » July 25th, 2012, 7:49 am

Moltar wrote:Image

I actually was just now able to see your burger recipe... I absolutely love it!

Vev dear, I wish I had "gals" to hang out with lol. I'm always at work! You should come down to vegas some day and we could cook together! I will be trying that fish recipe!! Thank you girlie.
JoyJoy
Servant of the Shrub
The Secret World
JoyJoy-Templar
JJoy - Dragon
Caligh - Illuminati
Minecraft - LaJoy