[Movie] The Dark Knight Rises (spoilers)

Want to talk about Art, Books, and awesome Culinary Experience pick up a pen and write about it.
Moltar
Shrubbite

Re: [Movie] Batman

Post by Moltar » July 21st, 2012, 6:47 pm

pho wrote:i know a lot of people who liked this movie, but i hated it.

i almost liked the end, then they ruined it. don't click the spoiler if you don't want the ending ruined.

Spoiler:
so, when batman flies the bomb out over the bay, seemingly sacrificing himself to save everyone else? awesome. after being bored out of my mind by the plot, enduring god-awful dialogue ("WHERE'S YOUR TRIGGER?!? WHERE IS IT?!? WHERE'S YOUR TRIGGER?!?" is now what i imagine batman yells during kinky sex) and cringing at banes HORRIBLE voice, batman killing himself to save everyone else would've been awesome and the perfect ending to a trilogy. but no. they had to toss in "ha! jk! bruce wayne built in an auto-pilot that nobody else knew about!"

so, what your telling me is, he just felt like revealing his identity to gordon, and being the biggest asshole ever to alfred by letting him think he was dead for a while? go shrubicorn yourself, christopher nolan.

Spoiler:
I immediately called bullshit on the flying the bomb out over the bay thing.
They had less than 2 minutes before he took off, and there was some more talky parts after they showed the clock.

So Let's give him a 1 minute.

Also, they said that the bomb had a 6 mile blast radius.

That means that the batcopter would have to travel 6 miles in 1 minute.
Or 360 miles per hour.

I googled once I got home.. the FASTEST military helicopters can only go 244 miles per hour. And this was not a helicopter built for speed.. this was meant for city maneuverability. But.. it's a comic book... we'll give him an extra 50 miles per hour, sure.

But still, he would have to travel a SUSTAINED 360 miles per hour to get the bomb remotely out of Gotham.. let alone the ramp up to 360 MPH that it would take, which I'm sure is not less than 30 seconds.

It just seemed wrong.. the whole thing.
Like they didn't even care to make it plausible.

Between that, and the magic leg brace things that he used once and then magically never needed again, and the "oh, let's do some chiropracy and magically get you from broken back to dancing again in less than 5 months".. I dunno.. there were too many leaps of faith.
User Control Panel -> Board preferences -> Edit display options -> Enable word censoring -> No

pho
Shrubbite

Post by pho » July 23rd, 2012, 8:06 am

Spoiler:
and we're only talking about the ending! what about catwoman, the hot woman they had to throw in because they killed the other hot woman in the last one, only they didn't bother to make her part of the plot? or the "hey, lookie, it's ROBIN!" moment. sorry, but there's 3 different Robins, with 3 different origin stories. your "plot twist" was a weak ass cop out. AND THAT'S NOT WHO BANE IS. i hate this movie so hard. i want to burn it down and hate shrubicorn the ashes.

pho
Shrubbite

Re: Batman Rises

Post by pho » July 23rd, 2012, 8:13 am

i love that there's two different discussions going on about the batman movie right now.

personally, i couldn't hate a movie more. really not trying to troll anybody, but for those who have seen it, check out the thread in culture corner, and tell me why i'm wrong.

again, not picking fights, i just want to talk to people about it, because i'm confused as to why christopher nolan felt he needed to do that to me.

Gunslinger74
Shrubbite

Post by Gunslinger74 » July 23rd, 2012, 9:46 pm

I wasn't sure I was watching a Superman trailer for at least half of it. I thought it was going to be Aquaman (Clark Kent on a fishing trawler? Really?) until I saw the dark hair.

I'm not looking forward to it based on the trailer, but I do love me some Superman.

Strife
Shrubbite

Post by Strife » July 24th, 2012, 12:00 am

Yea, my bad on the two topics at once forgot people posted these in the culture area. lol It was past 3 ;)

Pho- I will go there to discuss the short comings of the film you guys felt. Interested to see what about it that got under you guys skins so much.

Gun- I would say, hey is sup lets give him a chance they did a great job (IMO) with the bats, But then I remember the last movie they made and how it just broke my lil heart. Nothing tell we seen him break the sound barrier even said hey it sups. Maybe they saving the best for the release and not putting the only action scene in the trailer. lol

Strife
Shrubbite

Post by Strife » July 24th, 2012, 12:26 am

Spoiler:
So many complaints and valid ones of course.
As for the how can he cover that great of distance in the amount of time he had. I will simple chock that one up to its a movie why not. I mean in comics we are OK with a women flying in a invisible plan who comes from a group of people who ride horses. Or better yet a guy who takes a serum that triples his size and gives him the strength of a god. It is a suspension of disbelief if you are not willing to accept the laws in that world then many things we enjoy in entertainment will be WTF moments.I could go on and list many more examples but you get the point its a forum of entertainment don't apply real world physics to it to just say that was a BS moment.

As for that is not who Bane is, simply put that is the Bane of these stories same for all characters. In comic sagas when a new writer and artist come along they change the characters and stories all the time. The Bane you first meet and feel in love may be the true Bane to you but does not make him the only version of Bane that is out there.These is one of my less favorite things about American comics over mangas the stories that these artist make are set in a short series of comics. Then someone new comes along and has a different version of were to take the story. So what we get is many different comic runs of comics with one character changing ever bit all the time make it not just one writes vision of were to go. But a bunch of random visions that just makes it annoying getting attached to one type of vision we have.While in mangas on writer usually makes it ever week and has a clear place he is taking his story and when he is over with his story so is that charter and the world (usually).

As for Cat-womens part feeling rushed or shoe horned in yes it does. But these is to be expected they only have some much time to tell a story and have sometimes more things they cant to cover in that time than they can or should. These would be a example of that. If he had all the time in the world that is proved in writing a book I am sure he would gladly give use more detail and reasons for everything. But these is not the case in movies and something I long accepted about movies they have a amount of time to work with and a budget. As long as it keeps me interested and entertained for the time it is one I am happy with it. Yes these sucks but at my age I have just learned these is what movies and many games just are. These is all just my opinion and am glad to have got to hear everyone else. I would have rather discussed the movie than defend these type of stuff but that seemed like more what ya'll were attacking and not just discussing parts of the movie.
End rant Sorry sure plenty of grammar errors and the sort doubt any will read it all or should but just wanted to voice my thoughts all the same.

pho
Shrubbite

Post by pho » July 24th, 2012, 4:02 am

Hey, I read it! Grammar and all, haha.

I think I had a lot of rage stemming from the people I've been talking to about it. For the most part, they don't know anything about any comic books, aside from the fact that they make pretty good summer blockbusters. One kid even tried to make me feel bad, like my not enjoying it meant I was sympathetic to the shooter in Colorado.

Because, you know, if you don't like DKR, then the terrorists have already won.

I'm much more calm about it now.

Strife
Shrubbite

Post by Strife » July 25th, 2012, 12:13 am

That kid is a idiot world is no short supply of that Colorado proved it yet again. Won't go into much on the horrible shooting wont give the shooter the recognition he wanted. Will say was very proud of the stories of how many of the people handled it. Esp the man who jumped in front of the bullets for his g/f, says alot about him and makes me remember not everyone only think about them selves.

It is hard for these movies to please everyone, and you cant blame them for aiming towards the masses and not the much smaller number of comic fans. Hell I am a comic fan who can't even keep up with the dam comic stories. I don't blame them for not aiming for that audience I am happy as long as story is enjoyable and I don't want to cry to what they did to my character. Say for the rare gems (such as Watchman) I don't expect a block buster to aim for me as the core audience. So I keep my expectations low and happy if the show is enjoyable. Life is filed with enough disappointments I am not going to sweat ones like movies adaptions.

Now Mike shrubicorn Bay and his Teenage Ninja Turtle (notice I skipped the Mutant part) and making them part of a Alien race invading EARTH makes me want to beat the guy silly with the holy shrub. But Hollywood will make what they will make my choice if I am going to watch it or talk about it.

And thanks for baring with my poor grammar and trying to understand my opinions Pho

Moltar
Shrubbite

Post by Moltar » July 25th, 2012, 4:39 am

Strife wrote:And thanks for baring with my poor grammar and trying to understand my opinions Pho

This hurt my brain until this part.

It's cool, bro.
User Control Panel -> Board preferences -> Edit display options -> Enable word censoring -> No

Mephisto
Shrubbite

Post by Mephisto » July 25th, 2012, 5:28 pm

i honestly though the movie was great! I'm not a comics guy so I'm just going off my love of batman (from the cartoon network series in the 90s... no, not batman beyond - but technically that's how I knew how the ended would end ;) ) and christian bale.

I was thrilled when the ended happened... more movies (potentially)
Battle.net ID: OOSena#1413
EVE-Online: Zakneifein
World of Warcraft - Greymane (PvE) Alliance
The <SoS> unofficial guild - MEGATRAIN
SmalliusGius - Mage | Roflsaurus - Death Knight | Lolcano - Hunter

Moltar
Shrubbite

Re: [Movie] The Dark Knight Rises (spoilers)

Post by Moltar » July 25th, 2012, 11:07 pm

Spoiler:
i would watch nightwing movies.

Strife
Shrubbite

Post by Strife » July 27th, 2012, 12:17 am

Any reason why a Nightwing movie over a batman? In the comics they just turned him into the new batman, which to me just showed how much he was just batman in a different suit pretty much. Taking him from what most would consider a B-list hero to a Triple A, once slapping him into a different suit. (Not counting the whole new 52 retcon still lost on understanding all that)

Never been a big fan of just changing out the person under the mask when someone dies and just keeping the same name and everything, just seems lazy.

Ewia Ficom
Shrubbite

Post by Ewia Ficom » July 29th, 2012, 2:36 am

Haters

pho
Shrubbite

Post by pho » July 30th, 2012, 11:34 pm

troller.

Ewia Ficom
Shrubbite

Post by Ewia Ficom » July 31st, 2012, 3:50 am

I liked the movie and It was a movie, If your expecting absolute realism from a comic book Dont go. And dont call me a troller