[Movie] Prometheus

Want to talk about Art, Books, and awesome Culinary Experience pick up a pen and write about it.
pho
Shrubbite

[Movie] Prometheus

Post by pho » June 10th, 2012, 6:05 pm

go see it! i paid $34 for two tickets in imax 3d, most expensive movie ever, and it was worth every penny.

i really can't say anything about it, other than it's gorgeous and ridley scott did not disappoint me.

LadyCelestine
Site Admin

Re: [Movie] Prometheus

Post by LadyCelestine » June 10th, 2012, 6:37 pm

Good to know! We were debating this one because even the Yahoo users panned it horribly, but I think that's because they were all expecting "Alien- The Prequel" instead of what they got. (Even though Ridley Scott has been saying from the beginning that this isn't an Aliens movie, just in the same universe ... maybe.) But I was also debating the IMAX pricetag, however I think I'll splurge based on your recommendation. :)

Damastes
Shrubbite

Post by Damastes » June 11th, 2012, 7:12 am

I love Alien, and I love Aliens. I can appreciate both slower, more thoughtful, science fiction movies (Gattaca), and more action-packed ones (The Terminator). I thought Prometheus was a great mix, and I absolutely adored it. The characters aren't as collectively memorable for me as the ones from the original (and its sequel), but I won't have any problems remembering some of them--particularly Fassbender's and Rapace's. Fassbender's android is the best of the Alien universe, in my opinion, though some of that is because he has a larger role. I also will not forget one of the aliens any time soon.

Also, full confession: With interesting science fiction movies being released few and far between, it seems to me, some of my excitement might be due to how desperate I've been for a sci-fi movie to really grab onto me ;)

Ganeda
Shrubbite

Post by Ganeda » June 11th, 2012, 5:39 pm

Damastes wrote:With interesting science fiction movies being released few and far between, it seems to me, some of my excitement might be due to how desperate I've been for a sci-fi movie to really grab onto me

I whole heartedly echo this statement. I have been desperately looking for GOOD sci fi movies are they are so so few. Hmm I'll have to try and actually see this one in the theatres.

pho
Shrubbite

Post by pho » June 11th, 2012, 7:57 pm

yeah, don't expect alien - the prequel. it's got a few ties (some obvious, some not, neither of which i will mention any further), but mostly it's just a gorgeous sci-fi movie with a lot of cool ideas. definitely a similar feel to alien, with a lot of early character development before the "uh-oh, we might be kinda shrubicorn" moment.

and i agree, fassbender's character was amazing.

lostkangaroo
High Prophet

Post by lostkangaroo » June 16th, 2012, 6:01 am

I have to say I am waiting on a review from our very own namesake Prometheus

Moltar
Shrubbite

Post by Moltar » June 18th, 2012, 2:08 am

I saw this movie today.
I fell asleep in the middle, and woke up when
Spoiler:
Shaw was cutting out the octopus monster that that dude impregnated her with.

That was jarring as shrubicorn.

Probably the best Aliens movie since the original Alien.
Not epic, but better than Predators.

The preview for the Total Recall remake looked pretty interesting.
User Control Panel -> Board preferences -> Edit display options -> Enable word censoring -> No

Mephisto
Shrubbite

Post by Mephisto » June 24th, 2012, 1:46 pm

I was only disappointed with this movie because of the previews.
The previews made it seem like we'd be getting an action-packed kill-everyone thriller.

And while it was certainly one of those, I felt the other wasn't as present. I thought that maybe the movie should have been 30 minutes longer to make things more fluid...

Otherwise I thought it was really good, and I'm sure when the DVD comes out they'll have an extended version that'll satisfy my complaints.
Battle.net ID: OOSena#1413
EVE-Online: Zakneifein
World of Warcraft - Greymane (PvE) Alliance
The <SoS> unofficial guild - MEGATRAIN
SmalliusGius - Mage | Roflsaurus - Death Knight | Lolcano - Hunter