Shadow of the Shrub vs. Black Talon

These are auto generated posts from our news page to help accomodate those who do not visit the Main Site.
lostkangaroo
High Prophet
Shadow of the Shrub vs. Black Talon

Post by lostkangaroo » December 29th, 2011, 4:51 am

Bored with quests and the grind of supplemental crew skills four of the Shadow's finest decided to group up and run through the first flashpoint for the Sith Empire.  This is in shape or form devoted to providing a walk through but a chronicle of one fun and lasting experience. 

After arriving at the entrance and promised a relaxing trip in luxury through the dangerous expanses of space our four heros Vat (lostkangaroo), Adria (Savoy6), Rik'a (Rika), and Karsa (Rottoncock) found themselves as tools to the Empire.  Grand Moff Kilran contacted the party of four and set in motion the story we are now going to explore.  After a slight run through the ship the bridge was found and a choice was made to either kill or save the captain of the ship.  In true Sith fashion, failure was rewarded with death. Before the blood even had time to pool on the floor we were off again on to the next step.

The fateful four at every corner between the two ships the engagement occurred on destroyed everything in tier way to include the several larger then life should ever produce battle droids and managed to complete the several bonus missions presented. Soon the party found what they were sent to go capture, a Sith traitor known as the General.  Also displaying a knack for the Sith thought process this traitor soon was face down breathing no more.  Having learned to embrace the hate that fuels the dark side of the force the band of brothers had at its conclusion taken down a Jedi Padawan of great skill and earned the multiple blue drops found throughout.

I personally hope to run this one again soon, perhaps with a few less pictures taken and more time shooting.

Now for some awesome images:

Mephisto
Shrubbite

Re: Shadow of the Shrub vs. Black Talon

Post by Mephisto » December 29th, 2011, 4:59 am

Boo! The Dark Side!!!
Hiss.
Battle.net ID: OOSena#1413
EVE-Online: Zakneifein
World of Warcraft - Greymane (PvE) Alliance
The <SoS> unofficial guild - MEGATRAIN
SmalliusGius - Mage | Roflsaurus - Death Knight | Lolcano - Hunter

lostkangaroo
High Prophet

Post by lostkangaroo » December 29th, 2011, 5:03 am

lol I will get another one up for the republic Meph no worries.

Netrok
Shrubbite

Post by Netrok » December 29th, 2011, 11:15 am

I need to figure out how to record gameplay on the cheap. Sounds like you guys had a blast!

lostkangaroo
High Prophet

Post by lostkangaroo » December 29th, 2011, 6:35 pm

I did some research into it last night and found that the 30 second fraps is just about the only reliable video capture software that comes free.

Gunslinger74
Shrubbite

Post by Gunslinger74 » December 29th, 2011, 8:06 pm

Yeah I captured all my video sequences with the 30 second FRAPs. I haven't tried taking Screenshots with it, though. Is there a SS capability within the game for Jpegs?

Netrok
Shrubbite

Post by Netrok » December 30th, 2011, 1:29 pm

Hmm, FRAPS is $37, one has to admire the Clerks reference.

I'm going to download the free version and test it out.

[Ninja Edit] Holy crap, yeah, I'm not buying that until I buy a new video card, my system just can't handle it.

LadyCelestine
Site Admin

Post by LadyCelestine » January 1st, 2012, 1:40 am

Gunslinger74 wrote:Is there a SS capability within the game for Jpegs?
Yes. It's a magical button called "PrtScrn" that saves the files under Documents > Star Wars the Old Republic > Screenshots

Also, if you bought the CE, your movie pet takes screenies that are automagically UI-free and in first-person view.